20190923

First class today.

So, we need a book that costs about 28% of the cost of the course.
Someone is definitely laughing all the way to the bank and it is not me!

Anyway. What did we do today? We went through some admin basics, visiting the EOI website and learning about the Edmodo app (class code w8ay45)
We also introduced ourselves briefly to the class and listed our reasons and objectives for doing the course.
Then we elaborated on the definition of C1, with all of us listing ideas of what being an English C1 level meant. We also looked at the 'definition' given by someone a few years ago in some official paper.
So it turns out that C1 is being able to communicate in English fluently and spontaneously.

The thing that 'scares' me the most is all that grammar malarkey. I know my grammar, but hate to have to memorise verb tenses and all that shit.

We also discussed the differences between C1 and C2 and it looks like the key difference is the word 'total'.
An English C2 level should be able to communicate in English with total fluency and total spontaneity. So, someone will have to decide when a person is fluent vs totally fluent.
I am not  teacher, but that distinction looks very difficult to measure to me.

We were 10 at class today, but we were told that we are supposed to be 14.
Quite a difference in speaking fluency I noticed. Some are v good, some good and ... ... . IMO of course!

I already ordered the book:

https://www.amazon.es/gp/product/8490362807

what else ... nothing that I remember now.

I am actually quite looking forward to the second class.

No comments:

Post a Comment