20190925

Class later today @19:30

Very early in the morning I shared a YouTube link to the edmodo class group.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i3gyQLgr8m8

Its by Foil Arms & Hog ... been a long time since I saw a video of theirs. Quite funny!
Subscribed to their channel.
The video is about regional English accents, and it includes plenty of Irish ones too.


Then in the afternoon Manuel shared/created a quiz on edmodo.
It requires watching a YouTube video about the Finnish Myth of Sampo and then answering 9 multiple choice questions about it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=71fLFOjruFc

I missed two answers, in questions 5 and 6.
I disagree with question number 5, I maintain I got the correct answer.
Question number 6 I consider a trick question. I can read the question in two ways.

Q: What was Ilmarinen's reward for making the sampo?

You can interpret that as:
#1 What reward was promised to Ilmarinen for making the Sampo?
#2 What reward did Ilmarinen get for making the Sampo?

I took meaning #1 ... yet the correct answer is for meaning #2

Anyway, it will teach me to slow down with the quizzes in future.

___
OK, class done now ...

We went through the Myth of Sampo quiz as an example of how these tasks will work in the future.
We discussed all the answers and Manuel realised that Q5 was indeed wrongly marked. So my final test result is 8/9.
I still think that Q6 was slightly unfair and it is more of a trick question than a tricky question.
Anyway. Moving on!

Then we discussed the merits of a learning diary/blog and we went through the motions of setting a simple one in Blogger.

There was a little group discussion about the differences between B1/B2/C1/C2 ... not too dissimilar to what we had discussed in the first class.


Back at home I tried to do the 'Puzzle' that Manuel had shared in Edmodo ... but I am not sure if I need to connect Edmodo to EdPuzzle or something; because it was not saving my progress at all.
And it also has a 'correct' answer incorrectly marked as correct in Q6.

Listening to the news on BBC whilst I write here. Trump is so full of crap!

Enough for today...



No comments:

Post a Comment