20191001


Today I cooked, and the house smells delicious, even if I say so myself.
Blood sausage and chickpeas stew. Yummy!

Doing some work and watching some YouTube videos.
One of my daily watches is 'The Late Show with Stephen Colbert' for his monologues and interviews, although I don't watch all the interviews tbh.

I shared today's main monologue to the class in edmodo.


In this monologue Stephen goes through Trump's latest crazy tweets where he demands to know who the whistle-blower is and accussing the head of the House Intelligence Committee of treason. Mind blowing stuff!
Anyway, Stephen, as always, serves the news with a twist of humor and makes it all the more watchable for that.

Day coming to a close now. Watching some news items, mostly Brexit.
I saw a very interesting sit down interview on the BBC. Laura K interviews, or tries to, as the case may be, the PM Boris Johnson. Mostly about the chances of an agreement with the EU and what color do his intended proposals to the EU in relation to the Northern Ireland border take. Will he be able to reach an agreement?
Towards the end of the interview she also asks him about the more personal allegations of inappropriate behavior that came to light in the past few days.

https://www.bbc.com/news/uk-politics-49894249

Laura K is not adversarial as Andrew Neil, but she is no walk in the park either.

I shared the link to the class in edmodo.

No comments:

Post a Comment