20191014

Monday, so class later today.

Very quiet weekend I had.
It was my dad's birthday on Saturday.
Hard to celebrate a birthday with someone that does not know it is his birthday, no matter how many times we reminded him.
We just went out for a meal and I think he enjoyed it.
See, my dad does not join group conversations anymore, he might just quip a (bad) joke or two when he hears something in particular.
But if the conversation lasts for more than 30 seconds, as most conversations do, he just tunes out quietly and immediately forgets what the people just around him are talking about.
If anyone asks him for an opinion, he just says something like 'eso non me preocupa', but to me it is obvious that he does not know what the question is about, although most people don't realise that.
He just seems fine, if just a little bit disinterested.

Anyway, English learning ...

I have been following Brexit news ... it seems that the UK and Ireland can see a 'pathway to a deal' ... Let's home the pathway is clear and free from too many obstacles.

Today Manuel has posted a couple of things on Edmodo.
First one was about an upcoming trip to Stockholm in March 2020 ... like a school trip, but not.
I won't be going, but definitely envy the ones that do. I have never been to Stockholm and I would not mind it at all. It looks very interesting.

The other post was about the reading task he gave us at the end of the class last Wednesday.We will be getting the answers this week. It is not an easy reading exercise  if you ask me.

Blimey! As I type Manuel has just posted on edmodo again ... twice!

So his third post is about 'Learning Diaries' ... it includes a picture too with some pointers.


In a way this blog is my own learning diary ... but it is too unstructured to be considered a good one.
Mine is just mind dumping more than anything else. Almost makes me glad that no one reads it!! LOL

His last post (for the time being!) is a BBC Sounds 26 minutes long documentary about language learning for adults.
I am listening to it now ...

1. un deux trois ... you are never too old!
2. un deux trois ... don't worry about your accent! Just give speaking a go ... and don't obsess about grammar either.
3. un deux trois ... allow yourself to be a beginner
4. un deux trois ... language can help you unlock a culture
5. un deux trois ... motivation + resources + time ... find a topic you actually care about
6. un deux trois ... discipline and (a lot) of patience (500+ hours)


Argh!! More posts from Manuel ... will be back later! LOL

No comments:

Post a Comment