20191030

Back from class now.

Before the class we had a little Halloween do, with sweets and drinks, decorations and some face masks to choose from. It was fun.
The winners of the Horror Short Stories writing competition were announced. And I was 'lucky' to be chosen as the winner of the English Level C category .... but, I have a sneaking suspicion that my entry was the only entry. Easy to win when there is no competition. But hey, I made the effort. Sometimes success is just showing up, to paraphrase Mr Allen.
By the way, Manuel did not even give the chance to pretend that I am shy or something, and pretty much 'forced' me to read my story to the attending audience.
'Forced' meaning 'encouraged'.
Here is a link to the story I wrote ... I hope it does scare you a little bit.

The Little Laugh

:)


I got talking to a couple of people afterwards, particularly remember a fellow student named Edu (A2) and one teacher named Marilo (I think!) ... she mentioned to me that there is a meetup.com English conversation group in Boiro. I will be eternally grateful to her for that tip. Whether the group turns out to be active or not remains to be seen, but it is a great lead on my quest to practice my English more regularly.


Thank you so very much to all the EOI Noia team for a lovely evening!

1 comment: