20200915 - Results

So the June exams results are out. I know I said June, but the exams, due to the Covid-19 pandemic only happened in September. Technically they were the June exams.


And ... drum roll ... I passed! Yay!


These following are the marks in each exam.


Reception

  Listening comprehension: 24

  Reading comprehension: 23

Production

  Spoken production: 21

  Written production: 21

Mediation

  Written + Spoken (combined): 22.5

Total

 111.5 (out of a possible 125)


The results are good, can't really complain, but ... they are a little bit lower than the mock exam back in February.

I know I made a mistake in the Written Mediation and only realised it when I was too deep into it. I started offering opinions and that is a big no no. So, that could explain the drop in points in the Mediation skill.

I did better in the Spoken production this time around. I did know what to expect, but still I was very nervous. Loads of room for further improvement there!

However, the Written production did somehow drop a few marks. I should really have a look at that.


In any case, I should celebrate and get the paperwork ready to enrol in the C2 class!!




Should anyone want to know more about what the skills are and mean, have a look at this:

Common European Framework of Reference for Languages. Companion Volume Feb 2018


_______________

PS (20200916):

I took the opportunity to revise my exams with Manolo and it turns out I was wrong about the Mediation marks. I lost some marks indeed, but not because of the reason I stated above.

In both the Written Production and the Written Mediation I lost points because I simply wrote too much! I far exceeded the word count guidelines. Far far exceeded them.

In an exam you can fall short or exceed the guideline by about 15% of the maximum word count. I went well above that 15% in all cases.

Each of the Written Production tasks cost me 2 points because of the 'over-extension' ... that is 4 points. Every other marking category was perfect. Except the word count. That is why I scored 21 points out of 25 in the Written Production exam.

In the Written Mediation pretty much the same. Another 2 points lost in there.


I can live with that. I know I will have to work on that for future exams.

No comments:

Post a Comment