20190728

Last night I tried to go ahead and prepare lesson 1 from the book. Well, Unit 1.

As I mentioned in the previous post, each unit is divided in four main sections (A,B,C,D) and an extra one (E).

Took me a little while to decide on a set up, but I went with Google Keep in the end. Not the most intuitive and visually appealing, but I know it is compatible with my smartphone. Come to think about it again I should give Google Docs a try.

Then I started. Checking the book, reading the sections and taking notes.

I spent a little bit too much on the Getting Started section, but that was me being over enthusiastic.

So each one of the main parts is further divided into five sub-sections, numbered 1 to 5. These are each focusing on Reading, Vocabulary, Grammar, Speaking, Listening, Speaking, Writing ... or a combination of some of them.

And each one of those is also sub-divided into a few parts, between three and five, marked with letters a to e.

So you could be in Unit 1, Section 1A, Sub-section #3, part a.

It is like reading the bloody constitution! LOL

Anyway, each of the individual exercises is most definitely non-trivial.
Some require the input from other students, a bit like group discussions.
Some are more simple, like filling gaps in phrases.
Some involve listening to a short sound clip.
And so on.

Not a single one easy!

After a long while, and I am talking hours here, I managed to finish Sections 1A and 1B. And that is it!
Now, I also had to set up the online part of the book, and that took me a little bit.
And, I have a little bit of attention deficit ... well, I get distracted easily!

But I learned something.
I learned humility! This is not going to be a walk in the park!

No comments:

Post a Comment