20190927

I got the book from Amazon

- Cambridge Empower C1 Student's Book

When I first took it out of the packaging I though to myself: "That is very thin!"
And it is, no doubt.
But then I opened it and quickly browsed through it, I realised that they packed a lot in every page! There are hardly any gaps!

It looks a bit overwhelming at first glance tbh.

So I decided to look for help on YouTube as usual!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l43bhiDg0yM

The book is divided into 10 units and each one of them into 4 main parts (A to D) with an extra one each too (E), so basically 5 parts each.

Parts A and B of each unit seem to focus on Grammar and Vocabulary.
Part C seems to focus on Speaking and Pronunciation.
So it looks like the book comes with an online component to it. And after Part C of each unit there is a test to be taken online. It is called the Unit Progress Test.
Then Part D seems to focus on Writing.
A separate Part E focuses on something called Speaking Plus.

So there is a lot to the book! Definitely more than meets the eye!



No comments:

Post a Comment