20191017

Habemus a paciscor!

Will the deal hold? Will it pass the parliament tests? What happened with the DUP?
The new chapter of news is just starting.


Manuel posted the answers to the Writing Mistakes Exercise from the 10 Oct.


1. Correct. Squinting Modifier.
2. How dare anyone correct Shakespeare!
3. Correct. Split Infinitive
4. Correct. Wordiness
5. Correct. Double Negative
6. Correct. Subject-Verb agreement
7. Correct. Illogical
8. Correct. Comma slice
9. Correct. Sentence Fragment
10. Correct. Run-on sentence

It is worth pointing up that some of those 'mistakes' might sometimes be valid as literary constructs.
See example number 2 as the perfect example.


I finished a little 'horror story' for the contest at the school ... it is a big longer than 250 words, 413 to be exact. But it fits nicely in one page. I hope they don't disqualify me!!

I called it "The Little Laugh". I hope it scares you!


No comments:

Post a Comment