20191021

Yes, I missed a few days of blogging.

So let's try to recall the last few days ... I left it last Thursday when I had finished writing a short horror story.

After that, on Thursday evening I met a chap from Boiro who was going to Ribeira to meet an English speaking group and invited me to join them.
This comes from a whatsapp group of people that meet on Monday evenings in Boiro, but this guy does sometimes go to Ribeira on Thursdays to meet there too.
It turns our that the groups are centered around the native assistant teachers from the schools around Boiro and Ribeira. And the groups are named 'Intercambio' because are there to help those teachers to get familiar with the culture and language of Spain, well, Galicia in this case.
There were nine of us, seven native assistant teachers and two locals. Of the seven teachers, six were from the US and one from the UK. I did not get to talk to a few of them because of the table arrangement, but I managed to have a lovely conversation with the three that I had around me.
I felt a bit guilty for not speaking any Spanish to them, but I think they enjoyed the hour and half we were there. I certainly did!

I need to find out more about the group that meets in Boiro; like how many assistant teachers are there and if they are available any other day of the week.


What else?

Friday and Saturday were very quiet to be honest. Don't recall much. I guess I just watched the Brexit news unfold.

On Sunday I joined the "III Andaina Solidaria contra el cáncer de mama" ... my mum and dad were going, so I did too. It was very nice. Around three thousands people walked eleven or so kilometers around Boiro and paid ten euros for the privilege. I heard that well over twenty thousand euros will be sent to cancer charities.


Today we have class. I will be bringing the horror story to Manuel.

:)


No comments:

Post a Comment