20200823 - Unit 9 - Cities - Quick Overview (Vocab + Useful Language)

USEFUL LANGUAGE


- Deal with conflict

Expressing disbelief
  This is beyond belief!
  I am lost for words.
  Where on earth did they get this from?

Expressing anger
  This is outrageous!
  It's disgraceful!
  I'm calling to express my dissatisfaction.
  Words cannot express my anger.
  It's totally unacceptable.

Commenting on the behaviour of others
  Let's not jump to conclusions.
  There is no need to raise your voice.
  They've got no right!
  You owe me an explanation.
  Don't you think you should take full responsibility?
  You have failed to fulfill your responsibilities.

Taking action
  Absolutely not, and I would appreciate it if you did not contact me again.
  I have every intention of investigating the matter.
  I can assure you there will be consequences.



VOCABULARY

- Verbs with re-

revamp
redevelop
renovate
rejuvenate
restore
recreate
regain
reinstate
regenerate
remove


- Describing buildings

imposing
nondescript
graceful
innovative
tasteless
over the top
dated
out of place
stunning
cabin
skyscraper
power station
housing estate
warehouse
penthouse
studio
mansion
retail park

No comments:

Post a Comment